Want to Advertize? Let me know

http://www.ethiotrans.com
For daily flight deals and sales to Africa Call 619 255 5530
Wikilina or the Ethiopian Power of Attorney

Friday, December 1, 2017

2018 World Cup Final Draw! የአለም ዋንጫ ምደባ



Groups


Group A

  • RUS
    Russia
  • KSA
    Saudi Arabia
  • EGY
    Egypt
  • URU
    Uruguay

Group B

  • POR
    Portugal
  • ESP
    Spain
  • MAR
    Morocco
  • IRN
    IR Iran

Group C

  • FRA
    France
  • AUS
    Australia
  • PER
    Peru
  • DEN
    Denmark

Group D

  • ARG
    Argentina
  • ISL
    Iceland
  • CRO
    Croatia
  • NGA
    Nigeria

Group E

  • BRA
    Brazil
  • SUI
    Switzerland
  • CRC
    Costa Rica
  • SRB
    Serbia

Group F

  • GER
    Germany
  • MEX
    Mexico
  • SWE
    Sweden
  • KOR
    Korea Republic

Group G

  • BEL
    Belgium
  • PAN
    Panama
  • TUN
    Tunisia
  • ENG
    England

Group H

  • POL
    Poland
  • SEN
    Senegal
  • COL
    Colombia
  • JPN
    Japan

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

ይህ ሰው ተፈታ ቀጣዩስ?

Reuters

ይህ ተፈታ
(Reuters) - Senior Saudi Arabian prince Miteb bin Abdullah, once seen as a leading contender to the throne, has been freed after agreeing to pay over $1 billion to settle corruption allegations against him, a Saudi official said on Wednesday.
Miteb, 65, son of the late King Abdullah and former head of the elite National Guard, was among dozens of royal family members, high officials and senior businessmen rounded up this month in a crackdown on graft that has strengthened the power of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
The official, who is involved in the crackdown and spoke on condition of anonymity, said Miteb was released on Tuesday after reaching "an acceptable settlement agreement". The official said he believed the agreed sum to be the equivalent of over $1 billion.
"It is understood that the settlement included admitting corruption involving known cases," the official said, without giving details.
According to the official, Prince Miteb was accused of embezzlement, hiring ghost employees and awarding contracts to his own firms, including a deal for walkie talkies and bulletproof military gear.
Prince Miteb is the first senior figure known to be released among those detained. Around 200 people in total have been questioned in the crackdown, authorities said earlier this month.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

የዝንባቡዌ ዜጋ የሆኑት ጓድ መንግስቱ ሐይለማርያም ስለ ዝንባቡዌው ወቅታዊው ሁኔታ ምክር ለገሱ






ደርግ  ዝንባቡዌን  እንዲያስተዳድር  ከራሳቸም ምክር  ለግሰዋል:: ከ 25 ዓመት በፊት መኖሪያቸውን  ወደ  ዝንባቡዌ  ያቀኑት  የቀድሞው  የኢትዮጵያው  ፕሬዜዳንት መንግስቱ ሃይለማርያም ለዝንባቡዌው መሪ እና ህዝብ ከዚህ ቀደም ካላቸው  የስራ ልምድ  አካፈሉ።  ለሁሉም  ከዚህ በታች ያለውን  ሪፖርት  ያንብቡ።

EXCLUSIVE:Mengistu urges military takeover of Mugabe succession

Risks of Martial Law heighten 

 

COLOGNE/VUMBA– Ethiopia’s exiled autocrat, Mengistu Haile Mariam, now a full Zimbabwean citizen has reportedly urged the military to take an active, and decisive role in President Robert Mugabe’s cumbersome succession gridlock, amid growing fears of a possible government shut-down and civil unrest owing to the deteriorating economic situation in the country, Spotlight Zimbabwe, has been told.

A government shut-down is defined as a situation in which a government stops providing all but essential services, resulting in a furlough for civil servants, covering the duration of the shut-down itself.
In the United States, for instance the longest partial government shut-down in the modern era stretched from November 19, 1995 to December 16, 1995. The shut-down was the result of President Bill Clinton and the then Republican-controlled Congress clashing over the budget and the country’s debt ceiling limit.
The secretive disclosures come on the backcloth, of reports that the ruling Zanu PF administration, has suspended salary payments for teachers and nurses due to worsening cash shortages. Harare will only make available the salaries on July 7 and 14 for the respective professions, instead of the normal June 20 pay-day.
Zimbabwe’s military and air force officers, have however been prioritised, and will be paid on June 27 instead of the 12th of the month while police and prison staff will be paid on June 30, according to finance secretary, Willard Manungo.
As Mugabe faces a worsening balance of payment crisis, his exchequer Patrick Chinamasa, is this week expected to finalise agreements to repay some US$1.86 billion of arrears to multilateral financial institutions, in anticipation of re-entry into the international financial system after almost two decades out in the cold.http://www.wikilina.com/
According to high level army sources, Mengistu has been holding “several private meetings” at his farm in Vumba between February and April 2016 with senior military personnel, where as a hired consultant of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces, he has allegedly proposed that the army steps in to resolve Mugabe’s succession before it is too late.
“His (Mengistu) argument is that President Robert Mugabe’s succession issue has become so complex, such that only the military can step in with a solution,” said a senior officer based at Mutare’s 3 Brigade army base in confidentiality. “They want a military solution, through civilian architecture, because the warring factions in the ruling party could trigger a total collapse of the ruling party, and the President is thought to be open to a peaceful succession exit, which will not cost Zanu PF power, something which is within the orbit of the military, without having to stage a putsch.”
It has also come to light that Mengistu, has now reportedly become an unofficial member, of the influential Joint Operations Command (JOC), and he sometimes travels to Harare for some consultation work, during which time he is rarely seen at his upmarket Gunhill mansion.
JOC brings together the army, intelligence, prison and police chiefs.
Intelligence sources last week said, Mengistu, without giving a specific date, had allegedly met Mugabe and some security chiefs, to recommend military strategy, which can be employed to keep the regime politically afloat, as the danger of civil disobedience was increasingly being precipitated by the current cash crunch.
“We gather that he has met the President, and they have discussed key security issues. Mengistu is of the view that the President must not be forced or rushed out of office, but the time had come for the military to be involved if Zanu PF is to survive beyond 2018. The only worrying factor is that there might be a period of martial law, should the succession issue end up being carelessly handled. We have the President to thank for the present peace prevailing, he cannot just leave office prematurely, because it will result in chaos.”
As first reported by Spotlight Zimbabwe, on 18 March 2016, Mengistu is said to be also the brainchild behind a political scheme of having Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) Commander, General Constantine Chiwenga, brewing since 2008 to become vice president, under VP Emmerson Mnangagwa’s likely presidency possibly before year end.
This publication can also put it on record, that Mnangagwa and Chiwenga, are all but set to become the new Zanu PF administration before the much anticipated 2018 Presidential elections, as Mugabe is unlikely to finish his term according to party insiders.
Defence minister, Sydney Sekeramayi’s mobile phone was unreachable the whole day yesterday when we sought a comment. The minister’s office also declined to give official comment.
Mengistu fled to Zimbabwe in 1991 following his ouster by rebel forces in a country he ruled with an iron grip for 17 years after the 1974 assassination of Emperor Haile Sellassie.
He has also been issued with a Zimbabwean diplomatic passport with full citizenship by Mugabe since 2002 according to foreign affairs officials in the capital. All of Mengistu’s family members have also been granted citizenship, after their father successfully sought asylum following a civil war defeat in 1991.
Mengistu was tried and found guilty of genocide in absentia and was sentenced to life in prison in January 2007.
Some of the known family members are: Andenet (son), who has been studying abroad on a Zimbabwean passport for years, and is believed to be now fronting family business interests in the country; Tegiste (daughter) a qualified doctor, who has been employed by the ministry of health since 1998, in the paediatrics department in the capital. She is also registered with the Health Professions Council.OLOGNE/VUMBA– Ethiopia’s exiled autocrat, Mengistu Haile Mariam, now a full Zimbabwean citizen has reportedly urged the military to take an active, and decisive role in President Robert Mugabe’s cumbersome succession gridlock, amid growing fears of a possible government shut-down and civil unrest owing to the deteriorating economic situation in the country, Spotlight Zimbabwe, has been told.
A government shut-down is defined as a situation in which a government stops providing all but essential services, resulting in a furlough for civil servants, covering the duration of the shut-down itself.
In the United States, for instance the longest partial government shut-down in the modern era stretched from November 19, 1995 to December 16, 1995. The shut-down was the result of President Bill Clinton and the then Republican-controlled Congress clashing over the budget and the country’s debt ceiling limit.
The secretive disclosures come on the backcloth, of reports that the ruling Zanu PF administration, has suspended salary payments for teachers and nurses due to worsening cash shortages. Harare will only make available the salaries on July 7 and 14 for the respective professions, instead of the normal June 20 pay-day.
Zimbabwe’s military and air force officers, have however been prioritised, and will be paid on June 27 instead of the 12th of the month while police and prison staff will be paid on June 30, according to finance secretary, Willard Manungo.
As Mugabe faces a worsening balance of payment crisis, his exchequer Patrick Chinamasa, is this week expected to finalise agreements to repay some US$1.86 billion of arrears to multilateral financial institutions, in anticipation of re-entry into the international financial system after almost two decades out in the cold.
According to high level army sources, Mengistu has been holding “several private meetings” at his farm in Vumba between February and April 2016 with senior military personnel, where as a hired consultant of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces, he has allegedly proposed that the army steps in to resolve Mugabe’s succession before it is too late.
“His (Mengistu) argument is that President Robert Mugabe’s succession issue has become so complex, such that only the military can step in with a solution,” said a senior officer based at Mutare’s 3 Brigade army base in confidentiality. “They want a military solution, through civilian architecture, because the warring factions in the ruling party could trigger a total collapse of the ruling party, and the President is thought to be open to a peaceful succession exit, which will not cost Zanu PF power, something which is within the orbit of the military, without having to stage a putsch.”
It has also come to light that Mengistu, has now reportedly become an unofficial member, of the influential Joint Operations Command (JOC), and he sometimes travels to Harare for some consultation work, during which time he is rarely seen at his upmarket Gunhill mansion.
JOC brings together the army, intelligence, prison and police chiefs.
Intelligence sources last week said, Mengistu, without giving a specific date, had allegedly met Mugabe and some security chiefs, to recommend military strategy, which can be employed to keep the regime politically afloat, as the danger of civil disobedience was increasingly being precipitated by the current cash crunch.
“We gather that he has met the President, and they have discussed key security issues. Mengistu is of the view that the President must not be forced or rushed out of office, but the time had come for the military to be involved if Zanu PF is to survive beyond 2018. The only worrying factor is that there might be a period of martial law, should the succession issue end up being carelessly handled. We have the President to thank for the present peace prevailing, he cannot just leave office prematurely, because it will result in chaos.”
As first reported by Spotlight Zimbabwe, on 18 March 2016, Mengistu is said to be also the brainchild behind a political scheme of having Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) Commander, General Constantine Chiwenga, brewing since 2008 to become vice president, under VP Emmerson Mnangagwa’s likely presidency possibly before year end.
This publication can also put it on record, that Mnangagwa and Chiwenga, are all but set to become the new Zanu PF administration before the much anticipated 2018 Presidential elections, as Mugabe is unlikely to finish his term according to party insiders.
Defence minister, Sydney Sekeramayi’s mobile phone was unreachable the whole day yesterday when we sought a comment. The minister’s office also declined to give official comment.
Mengistu fled to Zimbabwe in 1991 following his ouster by rebel forces in a country he ruled with an iron grip for 17 years after the 1974 assassination of Emperor Haile Sellassie.
He has also been issued with a Zimbabwean diplomatic passport with full citizenship by Mugabe since 2002 according to foreign affairs officials in the capital. All of Mengistu’s family members have also been granted citizenship, after their father successfully sought asylum following a civil war defeat in 1991.
Mengistu was tried and found guilty of genocide in absentia and was sentenced to life in prison in January 2007.
Some of the known family members are: Andenet (son), who has been studying abroad on a Zimbabwean passport for years, and is believed to be now fronting family business interests in the country; Tegiste (daughter) a qualified doctor, who has been employed by the ministry of health since 1998, in the paediatrics department in the capital. She is also registered with the Health Professions Council.

 

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

የሰሜን ኮሪያውን መሪ “ዘረጦ” ብሎ የተሳደበው የአሜሪካ ፕሬዜዳንት የሞት ፍርድ ተበየነበት::

የሰሜን ኮሪያውን  መሪ “ዘረጦ” ብሎ  የተሳደበው  የአሜሪካ ፕሬዜዳንት የሞት ፍርድ ተበየነበት:: ባለፈው ሳምንት የኤዥያን  አፈሮች  በመጎብኘት  ላይ ሳለ የአሜሪካው  ፕሬዜዳንት ዶናልድ ትራምፕ   ባደረገው ንግግር ላይ  የሰሜን ኮርያውን  ወይፈን  በሬ  "ዘረጦ“  ብሎ  በአለም አቀፍ አደባባይ  በመዘርጠጡ  የኮርያው ፕሬዜዳንት  ቀጭን  ትዛዝ  አስተላልፎ  ዶናልድን በሞት እንዲቀጣ  ወስኖበታል።
http://www.wikilina.com/

North Korea 'sentences Trump to death' for insulting Kim Jong-un 

Regime-run newspaper says US president is ‘hideous criminal’ after he said North was a ‘cruel dictatorship’ and Kim ‘short and fat’
North Korea’s state media has criticised Donald Trump for insulting leader Kim Jong-Un, saying the US president deserved the death penalty and calling him a coward for cancelling a visit to the inter-Korean border.
http://www.ethiopianpowerofattorney.com/
An editorial in the ruling party newspaper Rodong Sinmun focused its anger on Trump’s visit to South Korea last week, during which he denounced the North’s “cruel dictatorship” in a speech to legislators in Seoul.

The visit was part of a marathon five-nation Asia tour by the US president aimed largely at galvanising regional opposition to the North’s nuclear weapons ambitions.

“The worst crime for which he can never be pardoned is that he dared [to] malignantly hurt the dignity of the supreme leadership,” the editorial said.

“He should know that he is just a hideous criminal sentenced to death by the Korean people,” it added.

Since becoming president, Trump has engaged in an escalating war of words with Kim Jong-un, trading personal insults and threats of military strikes and raising concerns about an outbreak of hostilities.

Towards the end of his Asia tour, he sent a tweet from Hanoi that took the verbal jousting to a new level, taunting the North Korean leader over his height and weight.

“Why would Kim Jong-Un insult me by calling me ‘old,’ when I would NEVER call him ‘short and fat’?” he tweeted.

The members of the ruling Kim dynasty – past and present – enjoy near god-like status in North Korea, which has demonstrated extreme sensitivity to any remark that might be seen as mocking or disrespectful of the leadership.

The editorial also took a dig at Trump’s failure to tour the demilitarised zone (DMZ) dividing the two Koreas – a traditional stop-off for senior US officials visiting the South.

Trump’s helicopter taking him to the DMZ had turned back after just five minutes due to bad weather – an explanation the newspaper dismissed.

“It wasn’t the weather,” the editorial said: “He was just too scared to face the glaring eyes of our troops.”

Mugabe in Pictures


Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Zimbabwe army denies coup against Mugabe as it takes control of Harare – live


What we know so far

  • Zimbabwean defence forces have seized control of state broadcaster ZBC overnight, screening a statement declaring that it is “targeting criminals” around the president, Robert Mugabe.
  • Mugabe himself, and his family, are “safe and sound”, army spokesman Major General SB Moyo said. Mugabe has not appeared in public or issued a statement. It is unclear whether he is in the custody of the military.
  • In a statement broadcast overnight, Moyo insisted:

We wish to make this abundantly clear this is not a military takeover of government. What the Zimbabwe defence forces is doing is to pacify a degenerating political, social and economic situation in our country, which if not addressed may result in violent conflict.
  • But the statement made it clear the army had acted in response to a purge of Zanu-PF members, including the vice-president Emmerson Mnangagwa, who was sacked by Mugabe last week, and had been angered by the failure of state media to report on a warning issued by the army chief General Constantino Chiwenga on Monday:

The situation in our country has moved to another level … To members of the Zimbabwe defence forces, all leave is cancelled and you are all to return to your barracks with immediate effect …
Let it be clear we intend to address the human security threats in our country. Therefore any provocation will be met with an appropriate response.
  • Armoured vehicles and troops have on Wednesday morning blocked roads in central Harare around government buildings and the presidential residence.
  • There are reports that at least one minister, finance minister Ignatius Chombo, has been detained by the military.
  • Chombo is a leading member of the G40 faction of the ruling Zanu-PF party, led by Mugabe’s wife Grace, who is vying to succeed the 93-year-old president. This faction is believed to be the target of the military’s action.
Read our latest report here: